Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sharing Rides Can Be Humbling and Rewarding

Many cyclists talk about this ride or that ride and generally brag about how strong they felt doing some intervals. They, myself included rank a ride and think, "That was so good, I doubt anybody could have beat me up that hill."

And then along came Strava. In a unique mix of cycling analyis and social networking Strava has hit a home run with a fine balance. Not too much info where it gets boring, and not too much socializing lest we forget why we uploaded in the first place.

Here's a ride I did after work a couple of days ago. Overall, the ride was one of my better ones because I kept on pushing myself heading home. It's that horse going back to the barn syndrome. However, my two hard efforts fell short of my best effort and of course I'm dreadfully slow compared to some of the really strong riders in this neck of the woods.



I upload my ibike files to Strava or you can upload Garmin files directly. If you need some help uploading files to Strava, or just have questions just shoot a comment over. For those of you with smartphones Strava has both an Android and iPhone app that uploads automatically to their website. Cool stuff.

Of course with an iDash from Velocomp you can upload your data with power info. It's the best of data analysis and cool factor all in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment