Sunday, July 17, 2011

No Bubbles

It's been quite some time since I've been diving and it's my own fault. Two years ago both my UK Light Cannon dive lights were stolen. It happened on a trip to Cabo San Lucas and more than likely one of the TSA employees took them out at XRAY. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the lights were missing until two days after arriving as I prepared for my first dive. Too late according to American Airlines, you have to file a claim within 24 hours.

To this day, the thought of having to go out and buy two more dive lights (OK, at least one and a small backup) bothers the daylights out of me. The only other thing I ever had stolen was a Ford Bronco that looked just like OJ Simpsons at about the same time that drama was playing out. Maybe that was a blessing, not a loss.

I've gone diving since then, but only occasionally. I'm brooding and need to get over it. Maybe posting about it will release me, nothing else has.

No comments:

Post a Comment