Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Good Progress Bars

Sometimes I lose focus and perspective. I've done tons of rides throughout the year and I noticed that just prior to the Tour De Palm Springs in February I did some short hard intervals on Superior Blvd near home.

I completed that event in under six hours so why change a good thing. Today, by design in that I planned to do the same exercise and by sheer coincidence in that I did the same number of reps, I hit Superior Blvd again with all I had.

Whoa! I felt pretty good for the entire activity but didn't realize the progress I made until I got home and downloaded the ride data.

Below is today's effort. Time to complete the thirteen intervals was 23:23 and as you can see was 27:08 back in February. To compare apples to apples is always a challenge. In February I wanted to maintain a lower wattage level, although I was pretty close to my max. Well, the same goes for today. I managed my efforts although I specifically planned on "kicking it up a notch".




So now I have a pattern, and a good one at that. One leg opener ride on Friday morning and that's it. Come Saturday morning, August 20, 2011, fourteen other members of OC Velo and myself will tackle the Cool Breeze Double Metric Century. Whew, that's a long name; then again it's a long ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment